Tuesday, January 31, 2006

52 week program

I have been doing a small thing each week to attempt to improve myself (such as drink enough water, read a certain amount, cut something out of my diet, etc.). The thought is that if you can make it a habit within that week and then build on the previous habits, you will have improved yourself in 52 small ways by the end of the year... leading to some major overall improvements. I've decided to also take this approach to my relationship with my children. Starting this week, I'm going to be adding one thing a week I can do better to enhance my children's well being ... whether it be in my relationship with them, their health, their social life, etc.

This first week, I'm going to start with something that many of you may say 'duh'. It will be brushing my 2 yr old's teeth before he goes to bed. I'm the one that almost always goes up to bed with our toddler and reads to him before putting him to bed. We are usually pretty good about brushing his teeth during the day, but I want to make a habit of doing it every night before we lay down to read.

Week #1 Starting tonight, I will make it a habit to begin brushing my toddler's teeth right before he goes to bed!

2 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 7:58 PM, Blogger Undercover Angel said...

52 weeks - 52 improvements huh? Very interesting concept - and I'm willing to bet that it works.

I find it most impressive that you are using it to improve what you do with your children. I don't think many people said "duh" as you mentioned in your post - it made me jump up and go brush my child's teeth - and of course I made the older ones brush there own. The simplest things often get forgotten, so I'm really impressed that you are making such strong efforts to avoid that trap.

By the way - I found your stay-at-home series and information very interesting and helpful.

If you don't mind, I'm going to link you tonight.

 
At 2/21/2006 8:20 AM, Blogger D said...

Thanks for the kind words Undercover... I've been finding more and more (especially with how busy things get) that the most important things are the little things we miss. I'm already reaping benefits from from the 'little' things described here. It not only helps in the areas I am focusing on, but I feel it just helps me become more aware of my family as a whole.
Link away! :) I see that you have 4 nicely updated blogs as well... I'll stop on by sometime tonight and check them out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home