Monday, December 19, 2005

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry..."

That quote definitely describes my past two days. I had a master plan setout for yesterday and today. Yesterday would involve me introducing our 2 year old (Caden) to the new baby (Cole) and then spending a good amount of the day doting on Caden before bringing him back at night to spend some more time with them. Then today I was going to spend a good amount of the day cleaning our house and getting everything ready for the 3pm arrival of my wife and Cole.

I did make it to the hospital as planned yesterday ... just about 4 floors lower than my wife. I woke up with a 103.6 temp, shooting pains in my legs, and the ability to fall whenever I tried to walk... I had to be driven over to the hospital where I spent a good 7 hours in the ER. When all was said and done I was diagnosed with a "nasty" virus, given IV fluids, a couple of prescriptions and the great dr. order of "You'll need to stay away from contact with your wife, new baby, and 2 year old until these symptoms stop ... probably the next 2 to 5 days" Well you can imagine how I loved to hear that ... and you can imagine even more so how my wife loved to hear that! With some wonderful parents of mine as well as my wife's sister, we did succeed in getting Caden over to be introduced to the new baby (picture below) and we had a good friend stay with Caden last night at our house while I was quarantined away at my parents. All in all it isn't as bad as it could of been, but still a bummer that I don't get to hold my new baby boy again until probably Wednesday (i hope).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home