Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"Educational" infant and toddler videos

There was something in the Mercury News this afternoon that caught my eye about the educational value of the videos and tech toys marketed toward infants and toddlers. I'll admit that we're a Baby Einstein ( now Little Einsteins ) household here. Without any formal research, you just feel better letting your child watch something "educational" rather than other cartoons. Now, after reading this article and doing a little more research, it makes me think twice (more so with letting a 6 - 12 mo. old than a 2 year old) about letting an infant watch any TV. I'd like to know what your thoughts or experiences are. I'd also like to see what other studies (if any) have been done regarding infants and TV. Well ... probably the last post for a day or two. I'll be back after baby #2 is born!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home